Anyone who understands the kind of “junk” we’re talking about is ok in our books. The fact that you’re interested in joining the junk love fest happening on our site just warms our hearts.
We believe in giving credit where credit is due – if you submit it, you’re credited for it, complete with headshot and bio.
Type of Content Accepted:
We accept the kind of articles that we believe our readers are craving. Poke around our site and get a feel for our style. We love junk, repurposing items, reclaiming items and we love to see amazing finds people have stumbled upon. Don’t over think it, if you have something interesting to share, we’re listening and we’re just as excited about it as you are!
Here are the details when it comes to posting in our world:
- One and Only: please submit original content for consideration – we love to see repurposed junk, but not reclaimed copy. Plagiarized or “borrowed” content is strictly prohibited. We love original work and we’d love it if you would agree that the article won’t be published anywhere else for at least 30 days. Feel free to spread the word by linking to your fabulous creation.
- Word Count: This can vary depending upon the number of photos you’re submitting as well. For the most part, we love concise and informative posts. We trust you.
- All About You: we want to know your story, in 55 words or less. Ready…GO! In your bio, feel free to include your home on the Web, your Twitter handle and your headshot.
- Affiliate links will not be accepted.
Midwest Junk will edit the posts when needed – we want you to look good so we’ll clean up those little typos, spelling errors or grammar issues. Also, if we feel that the post is not the right fit for our junk empire, we reserve the right to reject the post.
Please allow 14 days to hear back from us about whether or not your post will be accepted.
What’s in it for You?
- Name recognition: get your name out in this up and coming junk world
- Link Ink: enjoy link backs to your site and grow your own online community through our blog
How to Get Published
Once that beautiful article of yours is all polished and ready to greet the world, we’ll authorize you to be a contributor. Sign up by clicking on the “Register” link on the right-hand side of the main page, under the main ad. You can upload your copy and accompanying photos for review and copyediting.